Thursday, March 27, 2008

About The Past

Several times over the past few months.. I've been thingking about the past, it's just ran accross my mind... makes me happy or even makes me crying sometimes

Appreciation for what one gets in life is, I guess, an age thing. I remember me whining and crying about everything that I wasn't getting or that I couldn't get only a few years back. now, that understanding and gratefulness for all that I do have has managed to settle in to a good level (if not for its entirety).

Few questions have appeared inside my mind... should I cry about the past? can I do anything about past?

Robin Sharma on his book "Who Will Cry When You Die" wrote : "every second you dwell on the past, you steal from your future. every minute you spend focusing on your problems, you take away from finding the solutions."

A few people struck my mind as I read those lines. fortunately, they know who they are, and one of them is going to be reading this at some point. I have heard people say that "we dont think about the past. we live for today." I wish it were that easy. there are always something from the past threatening to take over your mind and not leave until it has sapped it of its reasoning powers. the time taken to regenerate is precious time wasted, as is stated in those lines up there.

One thing that I can do is to train the mind to slowly letting go of the past but not to forget. the simple reason of thought being that nothing can be done about it.
The faster I accept and appreciate what happened, the faster I'll come to respect it and learn from it. the moment you learn from it, I'll not go back to it, because that's how the mind works. It's mightbe simply like we don't found ourself going back to that cookbook, or TV manual? why? because we already know how it works. why will we waste our time learning the same thing all over again...

Is it the same way how everything else works too ??


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ngomongin "the past" jadi inget waktu kuliah.
hk hk hk...